Tuesday, September 18, 2012

A Moment of Surreality

Do you see this pic?

This is what I imagine I look like during life's "huh" moments.

You know, those moments when everything pauses and you step outside yourself, take an objective look at what's happening, and go, "Dude, that is really weird."

I had one of those moments recently.  It happened during a conversation initiated by a complete stranger.  I had already had a weird day, but this particular interaction was the icing on the cake.  Halfway through our chat, this thought goes through my head:

"Huh.  I'm standing here getting lectured on my business sense by a six-foot-six burly, stubbly middle-aged man wearing a long curly wig, 6-inch spike heels, a gothic lolita tutu, and fishnets.  I can honestly say I didn't expect that when I woke up this morning."

Now if the tutu had been classic lolita, that would have been another story.

Drawing and graphic are (c)2012 A. M. Perkins.  All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment