Thursday, June 7, 2012

I Shall Prove the Moon Is Round!

I need to get paid to study something obvious. 


I mean, so obvious even a naked mole rat would be like, "Oh, yeah, I saw that coming from a mile away."


I read these studies where they discover amazing things - for example, I read a study on the feelings of prisoners kept at the Supermax prison.  In case you haven't heard of it, it's reserved for the worst of the worst, and the living conditions are less than ideal.


The prisoners they studied lived in cells where both the walls and furnishings are made of concrete, and they stayed there, alone, 23 hours a day.  Their one hour of recreation was in a gymnasium with windows pointing up - they never see earth or trees again.


The study's findings?  Prisoners kept in those conditions tend to be more depressed than prisoners in kinder conditions.


Wow.  And they got paid to find that out.


I seriously need a gig like that.


Drawing/Picture is (c) 2012 A.M.Perkins.  All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment