Monday, June 4, 2012

If She's Not a Cougar...

My very elderly (in her 90's) grandmother hasn't had her full mental faculties for some time.  While, unfortunately, this has allowed her more negative personality traits to break loose and run wild (rampaging racism, anyone?), it does provide some amusing anecdotes when another facet comes to the fore:

Her willingness to hit on any man, any time.

Last week my aunt - let's call her Alice - went to visit Grandma with some married friends in tow. The husband is in his early sixties.  Grandma knows they're
 married, but immediately starts patting his arm and openly flirting with him.

After a bit, she turns to the wife and say, "Don't worry.  I don't want to steal him from you.  I just want to use him for a while."

Alice says to the husband, "I believe that's what you call a cougar."

The husband's reply:  "At that age, I believe that's called a sabertooth."

Drawing is (c) 2012 A. M. Perkins. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment